Part D Prescription Drug Coverage
MVP’s Medicare Advantage plans offer the convenience of both medical coverage and Part D prescription drug coverage together in one plan, and with one convenient monthly bill. Plus, with MVP’s mail order program, you can often get a three-month supply for the price of two!
MVP’s 2018 coverage for medically necessary Medicare Part D approved drugs includes:
- Tier 1 – Preferred Generic Drugs
- Tier 2 – Generic Drugs
- Tier 3 – Preferred Brand Name Drugs
- Tier 4 – Non-Preferred Drugs
- Tier 5 – Specialty Drugs
Depending on which MVP Medicare Advantage plan you choose, Tier 1 drugs are available at $0 or no more than $4 during the Deductible and Initial Coverage Stages.
Part D drugs excluded from MVP’s Part D Formulary must go through an exception process in order for MVP to cover them. If they are approved, they will be covered in Tier 4.
Compare estimates of your prescription drug and out-of-pocket costs per plan
MVP 2018 Medicare Part D Coverage Details
Initial Coverage Period
View your cost for a 30-day supply from a retail pharmacy in Medicare Part D’s Initial Coverage Period. Costs vary by MVP Medicare plan and region.
Coverage in the Gap
If your total drug costs in 2018 reach $3,750, you enter the Coverage Gap:
With BasiCare, WellSelect and GoldSecure plans, you pay 44% for generic drugs and 35% for Medicare-contracted brands in the Gap.
With GoldValue, Gold PPO and Preferred Gold plans, you pay $0 for Tier 1 drugs, and 44% for generic drugs and 35% for Medicare-contracted brands in Tiers 2-5.
Reaching the $5,000 Catastrophic Coverage Limit in 2018:
If your True Out-of-Pocket costs reach $5,000 in 2018, you reach the Catastrophic Coverage Limit and your cost for prescriptions is reduced to the greater of 5% or $3.35 for generics and $8.35 for brand-name drugs.
Note: If you do not join a Medicare Part D plan when you first become eligible for Medicare, or do not have coverage as good as Medicare’s, you may have to pay a penalty if you join at a later date. This penalty will apply for as long as you are enrolled in Part D coverage. Learn more.
Programs that may help you save money
- Check anytime to see if you are eligible for help from a State Pharmacy Assistance Program.
- In New York State, call EPIC (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage) program at 1-800-332-3742.
- In Vermont, call the Vermont Prescription Assistance program at 1-800-250-8427.
- Check anytime to see if you are eligible to receive Extra Help with prescriptions (called Low Income Subsidy).
- Call the Social Security Administration Office at 1-800-772-1213. TTY: 1-800-325-0778.
- In New York you can also call the New York State Health Insurance Information, Counseling and Assistance Program at 1-800-333-4114.
- In Vermont, call the Area Agency on Aging of Vermont at 1-800-552-3402.
NOTE: If you qualify for extra help with your Medicare prescription drug coverage costs, Medicare will pay part of your monthly plan premium. MVP will bill you for the amount that Medicare does not cover.
Medicare Advantage Part D Covered Drugs and Pharmacy Directory
To learn more about our pharmacy programs visit our main site at content.mvphealthcare.com/medicare/PartD/index.html.
Call our expert Medicare team:
1-800-324-3899 TTY: 1-800-662-1220
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 8 pm Eastern Time.
Or call the MVP Medicare Customer Care Center Monday – Friday, 8 am – 8 pm
1-800-665-7924 (TTY: 1-800-662-1220).
From October 1 – February 14, call us every day from 8 am – 8 pm.